Monday 31 May 2010

Laura Cartwright
Print

laurajc25@hotmail.com

I am versatile in the work that I produce. I have designed prints that are abstract repeats based on ink movement in water, contrasted with my more recent work based on childhood nostalgia, which featured mixed media motifs of antique playthings. I am interested in surface design and recently challenged myself to develop a print collection that would work on both fashion and interior products. This concluded with a range of sixteen different prints each inspired by key components that directly relate back to the idea of childhood. I used my designs on simple garments as well as interior products such as ceramics, stationary and soft furnishings. I am always inspired by the concept of bringing old and new together and try to show this in my pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment